[Ti] Re: what "Think different" means

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 17:09:50 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/9/05 6:57:39 PM, steve at woz.org writes:

> In the current case, I'll buy what Apple says about the future being better
> with Intel, but it does bite into the idea of going against the grain.

But Steve, that same argument could be applied to the iPod which not only
went with the grain, it became a poster child for the grain; Apple became the
hero of the recording industry at a time when CD copying was hemorrhaging profits
(at least that is what the recording industry was claiming).   This move to
Intel carries with it a similar strategy except instead of "music software" we
are looking at "multimedia movie software."   Blu-ray standard is moving along
and it seems to be part of "strategic thinking different" similar to the
iTunes/iPod marketing.