[Ti] A real world comparison

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Thu Jun 9 19:55:34 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05 6:08 PM, "Dennis Fazio" <dfz at mac.com> wrote:

> So, when you say Apple has to beat Windows, I'm not sure what that means.

Once these MacIntel machines ship, Apple had better have some awfully good
PR showing how OS X and its apps run faster on their machines than Windows
does on "their" machines.

If Apple doesn't, Microsoft will show that their OS runs "better". Once that
"information" goes mainstream (and believe me, MS knows how to get
information into the mainstream. Most so-called tech journalists are more
than happy to have someone feed them "news"), you'll see the Dvoraks,
Thurrotts and CNETs screaming from the rooftops that "Apple made a mistake!"
or "Mac OS X Slower than Windows" or any number of negative headlines.
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer