[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

Mike Bigley bigley at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 20:54:04 PDT 2005

>IBM is out to crush Intel. They have already pushed Intel out of
>gaming consoles. Home computers are next. When you really look more
>deeply you have to reach the conclusion that IBM dumped Apple, not
>the other way around.

As proved with Apple's "small" market share, IBM cannot come close to
competing with Intel in the Home computing market.  It will be
interesting to see if they can deliver on game console orders.  How
many times over the past years have you seen "ships in 3-5 weeks" on
your Apple computer order.  Thanks IBM!  It doesn't matter how
kickass your chip is if you can't deliver in quantities that
consumers demand.

And the notion that we are at the end of 64 bit computing is complete
crap. There was a reason that Steve gave us 2 years before the START
of migration to Intel in the PowerMacs.  I am betting that we are
going to me amazed again when that happens.

-Mike