[Ti] A real world comparison

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Fri Jun 10 08:34:36 PDT 2005

On 6/10/05 6:55 AM, "Dennis Fazio" <dfz at mac.com> wrote:

> They will both be right and both be wrong at the same time just like now.

Agreed. The problem comes with who takes whose results and does what with
them.

For example, if David Pogue at the New York Times takes MS' results and
publishes "Windows faster than OS X!", what do you think would happen?

(I'm not saying David would. He's a Mac guy and a good journalist. But what
about a guy who *isn't* a good journalist? We have *hundreds* of those....)

> <MAGIC>  One of them may or may not claim victory in the PR wars.

I guarantee one would. After all, Apple has (often) in the past.

> </MAGIC> Neither will be able to legitimately claim victory in the real life
> performance wars.

Unfortunately, as we've seen, "legitimate" doesn't matter. All you need is
enough press to tell your story.

And, unfortunately, MS is *much* better at manipulating the press than Apple
has been historically.
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer