[Ti] Shawn the King

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 08:38:06 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05 2:15 AM, "Chris Olson" <chris.olson at astcomm.net> either wrote,
forwarded or quoted:

> I don't care if a PowerMac G6 costs $7,000.

I suspect most of Apple's current and potential customers feel differently.
"Perfect" is the enemy of "Good enough."

> It'll be worth it because it can do what no Intel machine can do running the
> software that some of us have developed and purchased for 64-bit Mac OS X on
> PowerPC.

I'd suggest that for Apple, it would *not* be worth it. Sticking with a
platform that costs *thousands* more than the competition is a bad business
decision. What good is ideological purity if the company can't generate
sales?

--
John Lyon

Yes, as through this world I've wandered / I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun / And some with a fountain pen.
  -- Woody Guthrie