[Ti] A real world comparison

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Fri Jun 10 22:23:17 PDT 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Henry Kalir wrote:

> No Chris - I **hope** that all of Apple's considerable talent is being
> applied in the most efficient manner to addressing and resolving this
> and any other transition/compatiblity issues

Well, that would be good.  The trouble is that they've been trying to
fix it for five years, and haven't really gotten anywhere.  If they
switched to a pure FreeBSD kernel on x86, that would help.  But that
would also require some major architectural changes in Mac OS X's
kernel extension (driver) design.  So I don't see that happening.

You ever heard the term "being between a rock and a hard place"?
--
Chris