[Ti] A real world comparison

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Jun 11 09:07:11 PDT 2005

On Jun 11, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> And I would like for anyone who wishes to read about Chris to check
> out <http://arstechnica.com/columns/mac/mac-20050608.ars>. When they
> mentioned the word orthoganality, they might as well have said Chris.

It's amazing how shallow some of the people on this list are.  Can't
debate on technical merit so they resort to personal slams.  Someone
else summed it quite nicely; "grow up"

Putting technical merits aside, in the end it doesn't look like people
will have much choice, does it?  Mac users will be running PC hardware
(that'll boot Windows natively) that has an Apple logo emblazoned on
it.  Phoenix BIOS, hardware copy protection, the whole nine yards.
Gone will be Open Firmware, open spec architecture, and the freedom of
a hardware platform that's not controlled by Microsoft.

<sigh>  All good things come to an end, including "Think Different".
--
Chris