[Ti] A real world comparison (of keyboards?)

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 07:18:16 PDT 2005

On 10-Jun-05, at 7:48 PM, ~flipper wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Meanwhile, i've wondered about the old Apple Extended IIs...
>
> I've got 4 or 5 Apples, and a Matias (what crappy USB engineering
> on that thing, whoosh, command-key anomalies, a real dud, except
> for the great clackety-clack keys, awesome in that regard).
>
> So, have you seen any intermittent oddities with the old board?

This may be an ancient thread within a thread, but it just caught my
eye. I have been using a Matias Tactile Pro now for well over a year
and love it. It is just like typing on the old Apple Pro Extended ADB
that I knew and loved.

What is the crappy USB engineering that you refer to?

I also have an old DataDesk Modular ADB/serial keyboard that has the
same Alps key switches, but is not quite as noisy. It also has a
built in trackball. But it doesn’t have the media eject or speaker
volume keys. I have been thinking of getting a Griffin iMate
converter, cleaning out the dust and giving it a try again.

jg