[Ti] Wireless card

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Mar 1 16:00:40 PST 2005

In my 1.5 Ghz Powerbook, I use PCMCIA 3Com 3CRPAG175 G card with a D-Link
DI-624 router. The combination of these two gives me a theoretical speed of
around 108 mbp/s, but in real terms it is more like the traditional G speed
of 54.

However, you do need separate drivers for these cards. Luckily, 3Com
provides drivers for the Mac that you can download from their site, but only
for this card. It doesn¹t seem to work with other G cards that I have tried.

However, if you do decide to use a different G card, drivers for $15 can be
found at the Orangeware site:

http://www.orangeware.com/

This combination really works well for me, so much so that I hardly ever use
my Airport card any more.

jg