[Ti] Re: Wireless card

FC Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Wed Mar 2 05:44:27 PST 2005

> I am planning on buying a wireless PCI card for my Ti 667. I believe
> that I want a "g" level card for the higher speed.
> The use will be while traveling - airports, hotels etc.  In my home
> office I'm in the same location all the time so will likely
> just continue to plug in the ethernet cable from the house network.

Lorne,

a Belkin FD57010 g card has the broadcom chipset and should be plug and
use (mine is). it fits in the external Ti slot. Here is a link of the
product and it list sMac OSX support w/o external drivers.

<http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?
Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201522&pcount=&Product_Id=136500>

You can often find these on the bay for about $25. About $50 in places
like CompUSA and BestBuy but they often have mail in rebates.

Now  some may have have a different chipset and there are free drivers
for the mac that will operate with it but i have to locate the page.
There is a link on it on xl8yourmac archives -somewhere-
<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/archives/jan05/012605.html> this is not it
but it has some info.

Here is a link to how a guy got a Linksys g card to work w/o extra
drivers.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/feedback/PCcard_airport_extreme_tip.html

As others have stated you can also purchase the orangeware drivers for
a number of cards.

FC Farwell