[Ti] Calling all digital camera Philes

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Mar 2 06:28:18 PST 2005

At 09:05 +0100 2/3/05, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:
>2005-03-02 kl. 05.12 skrev Ricky Ashe:
>>KODAK Z740 camera with printer dock. Works great for making prints
>>from the camera, but not from my
>>power book.  When I go to add printer from the printer setup the book sees
>>the dock but says driver not installed and shows my other installed printers.
>>HP just shows a question mark by the Kodak printer with "Driver not
>>installed"...
>-------
>
>Please slow down and print sentences with endings so that we with
>English as second language may be able to help you too. :-)

Lisbeth - some of us with English as a first language may have also
found it a little bit hard to follow !

Unfortunately, I have no specific suggestions for Ricky, as I have a
parallel (unsolved) problem:

Last Semester, I had my HP Laserjet 1300 connected to my Airport
Extreme, and was using it daily with no problem.  This Semester
(since 5 Feb) the LJ 1300 will not work when connected to the
Airport.  Like Ricky, it says Driver not installed.  Yet if I connect
the printer directly to my Al-book USB port, it prints fine.  So the
driver MUST be installed, mustn't it??

	(The Airport works fine for internet access)

So is there something - common between Ricky and me - that is causing
a Driver not installed message, when it is installed ???

To attempt a solution, I have reinstalled the OS again (10.3 Panther,
plus 10.3.8 Combo update),  and rebuilt and repaired everything I can
posssibly think of, with no effect.

Ricky's current problem may be more acute, in that if these wedding
prints are not printed, he is in big trouble.

In my case, I have to sit within USB cable length of my priinter,
whereas before, I was free.....

regards,  Trevor