[Ti] Wireless card

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Mar 3 13:48:32 PST 2005

Geat story! The salesman¹s face must have been red!

Yes, even OrangeWare drivers for Atheros cards say you should install the
drivers before plugging in the card.

I haven¹t tried my 3Com card without drivers, but I suspect that the Mac
would not know what to do with it and could go into a kernel panic.

I assume your Verizon card is one that has the Broadcom chipset rather then
the Altheros? Is there any way you could find out? I would really like to
know if the Mac is capable of knowing what to do with an Altheros card
without 3rd party drivers.

jg

Robert Ameeti typed this message on 3/3/05 4:27 PM: