[Ti] New PowerBook Decisions

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Sat Mar 5 12:28:14 PST 2005

I'm about to finally upgrade from my four year old TiBook/400 to a
brand new PowerBook. I was pretty much all set to go with the 15 inch
1.67gHz model, and will still probably go that route (with 1GB RAM
and 100MB drive). But I'm having last minute second thoughts that
maybe I should consider the 17 inch PowerBook instead. I'd really
appreciate input from anyone who made that same decision and how they
feel about it after the fact.

I travel all the time (mostly by motorcoach -- I'm a driver, but fly
sometimes, too), and my laptop always goes with me. The 15 inch would
be easier to lug along, and I wouldn't have to get a new case. On the
other hand, I do Web design, some DTP (but not that much), a lot of
digital photography and Photoshop work, and the larger monitor would
be very nice. I rarely if ever use a second monitor, but that could
be a possibility, too, down the road.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Bob