[Ti] New PowerBook Decisions

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 15:29:14 PST 2005

This is my third 17 and I helped a good friend buy the 15.   I have used and
traveled with both.   I prefer the 17.   It does not strike me as a lunch tray
and I find it very comfortable to use and travel with.   Either way you go I
would suggest a good travel case.   I was leaving a meeting at Vanderbilt
physics department and the soft backpack bag caught the edge of a lab table and
dinged the computer!   Soft bags scare the absolute hell out of me.   I am a
hard bag guy.

The best out there, and the only one I would recommend, is the MacTruck
available at www. radtech.us.   I have had other bags and still the computer still
got dinged but not in the truck.    It is a bit heavy as it is an aluminum
case but well worth it in protection.

At any rate, I mainly work with my computer, however if you like playing
games or watching films, go with the 17.   The price diff between the 15
superdrive and the 17 is only like, 300 US.