[Ti] Invisible Airport issue

Guido Walter Pettinari guido.pettinari at studio.unibo.it
Wed Mar 9 01:23:26 PST 2005

First of all, hi everybody! This is my first post in the list; if you
can't understand something it's surely my fault because my English is
pretty awful.

I've got a Titanium 800. I have been thinking since I bought it that
there was no airport card mounted. Yesterday I opened the case of the
Titanium and I found a nice card with "AIRPORT" written on it.

I guess it's the Airport card.

The problem is that Mac Os X can't see the card. In system profiler I
got the message "No info found" under the Airport tab. When I use the
Airport Setup Assistant I got "No airport card installed". The card
itself is plugged correctly inside the laptop, with the antenna firmly
inserted.

My warranty is over, do you think it's worth to pay somebody to sovlve
the issue? or should I buy an external wireless card?

Thank you,

Guido Pettinari