[Ti] Help CD won't come out of my 800 DVI

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Wed Mar 9 13:18:49 PST 2005

On 9 Mar 2005, at 13:05, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> In the old Ti-500 days, I have got several such stuck CDs out with the
> aid of a business card, to help the CD eject.   Slide the card half
> in, under the CD, try to eject, na dhte CD sides out over the card.

I used to have similar problems. There was a "CD" release catch towards
the right hand side of the slot opening, a paper clip straightened and
push in there would force the computer to eject.

Other options are starting up the computer with the mouse button held
down.

If the problem is not the mechanism for ejecting, but that the CD is
getting "stuck" in the actual physical slot as it slides out, Trevor's
business card technique is best.

--
Tarik

PS I noticed that the new Powerbook still sometimes don't wake properly
from sleep....is there anyone on the list who understands why this is
such a major problem?