[Ti] system instability [add: with VPC7?]

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 10 01:58:12 PST 2005

No, I use VPC6, but not very often and not in conjuction with the
system instability

Something I've noticed. 2 days ago I've found a cron task trying to
backup at midnight every day using CarbonCopyCloner. I discovered it
few days ago after noticing a huge amount of load on the cpu around
midnight.
I have no idea when and how was it installed, anyway I found that (in
absence of a connected HD) it started to backup everything in /Volumes
(and I've finally realized where those 6Gb have vanished...).
Now, since all my problems with the computer happened at night, though
I don't remember the exact time.... it might be that this rogue process
is the guilty.

silvo

On 9 Mar 2005, at 20:44, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> At 22:16 +0000 6/3/05, silvo conticello wrote:
>> I've recently noted an increase in system instability:
>
> Silvo - are you using VPC 7 ?   I find that now (10.3.8?) I can barely
> use VPC without a total system crash occuring within a few minutes,
> maximum 10 minutes.  I reinstalled VPC6, new XP disk, upgraded to VPC7
> and it is still the same.  So I conclude that there is some major
> instability somewhere in either VPC7 or 10.3.8 or something they do
> together. I am sure I ran VPC before 10.3.8 without any problem.
> Anyone else had the same experience ?
>
> regards,  Trevor

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8/17" display
Cambridge UK