[Ti] Lan problem

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 09:53:59 PST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 8:31 AM, ms wrote:

> I'm trying to connect a pc notebook to my airport extreme network.  I
> have DHCP automatically issuing IP addresses but the PC says IP
> address is not set properly.  After many hours at this, I thought I'd
> seek some direction.

Good luck.  We've had 5 students come through our lab with various
flavors of Windoze laptops with completely mixed results.  1 got on the
network without any configurations.  2 were able to use the
instructions here to get it working:

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/airport.html

2 tried everything and could never get it to work.

Oh, and 1 of the 2 that used iFelix's site upgraded to XP SP2 and lost
connection permanently.

Sorry to sound so negative, but that's been our experience.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.8
pkrug at mac.com