[Ti] Painful shocks from Ti

John simplymail at ururk.com
Tue Mar 22 22:51:06 PST 2005

> I get the shocks, too.  Both of my 550MHz TiBooks do it, with 2
> different brands of power supplies.  As my wrists rest on the leading
> edge (the paint has worn so I'm touching some bare metal) with my bare
> feet on my ceramic tile floor, I can feel the tingle.  Lift my feet,
> and the tingle stops.

Without a grounding wire I don't see how this helps. I have the two
prong power brick.

I'll hook it up to an oscilloscope tomorrow morning, see what it says.
There is a grounded outlet at one of the test stands.

The reason I said shocks was because it was a bit more painful that
I've ever felt. I know it's been discussed, and even remember older
postings, but never put much thought into myself being grounded. I
*think* that'd be the only way to complete the Ti->person circuit.

Thanks, will report...