[Ti] internet banking from my Powerbook

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 10:13:51 PST 2005

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley typed this message on 3/25/05 10:54 AM:

> Actually, I would like to get a very specific answer to that very question.
>
> I have exactly the same feeling as you.  But I have no detailed
> technical knowledge of what the standards are that are not being
> complied with.

I have been under the immpression that the problem here has been because I
am using a Satellite connection. It uses Web Acceleration through a Proxy
server and I know for sure that Safari seems to have all kinds of problems
with Web Proxies (I don¹t know why - other browsers work fine with them).
Safari is also dreadful when it comes to https sites in general. When I log
into any secure site with Safari I might as well go and pour myself another
cup of coffee and leave Safari churning away...

However it may, as you say, deeper then that and may indeed involve the
inability or intentional blocking of ³unrecognized³ browsers such as Safari
in the Windows world.

Wake up World!

jg