[Ti] internet banking from my Powerbook

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Mar 25 07:54:18 PST 2005

At 06:59 -0500 25/3/05, T.L. Miller wrote:
>Isn't it true that troublesome websites are often caused by their non-
>compliance with established standards? If they are using some features
>designed to work only with Microsoft's software .....

Actually, I would like to get a very specific answer to that very question.

I have exactly the same feeling as you.  But I have no detailed
technical knowledge of what the standards are that are not being
complied with.

This coming Sunday (a work day here) I have a phone call set up with
the supervisor of Customer Service at The Saudi British Bank, to talk
about this issue.

If anyone on the list can give me an explanation of why Safari does
not work, yet Firefox does, it would help.  In my mind that shows
that it is not a Mac problem per se, but some aspect of the browser.

My IT Director friend here thinks it is just to do with
security/ports which need to be open.
Could that be a helpful angle from which to view this problem?

Can anyone shed ony specific light on this??

regards,  Trevor