[Ti] system instability [add: with VPC7?]

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 28 17:44:25 PST 2005

On 29 Mar 2005, at 02:19, John Lyon wrote:
> Are you networked at home any differently that you are networked in
> other
> locations? (I.E. - are you using wired Ethernet at work and wireless
> Ethernet at home?) That might suggest a problem with your network
> interface.

Everything is wired.
At home I use a dynamic IP with the cable modem (from NTL), at work I
use a fixed IP address.
The instability happened also right after switching from the home
dynamic IP address to the same IP but going through a proxy server (fo
have access to scientific journals)

> What else could be different between your home and your other
> locations?
> Power source? Is power flakey at home?

Actually at home I use the 45W (am I correct) power supply from my
ex-TiBook, while at work I use the AlBook adaptor. But if that is the
cause the instability should be seen regardless if I'm connected

Silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8/17" display
Cambridge UK