[Ti] 17-inch PBG4 HD Upgrade?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed May 11 10:30:05 PDT 2005

Thanks Photios, I need to make sure I get some magnetized
screwdrivers, too. Another concern I have is cracking the case above
the superdrive.  I have previously tried to crack a 15-inch Aluminum
PBG4 and I had alot of problems removing the top case directly above
the Superdrive.  I know there are 3 latches there; I was able to undo
2 of the 3 - I gave up after an hour because I started to damage the
case.  The Apple takeapart instructions (from the service manual)
don't really go into it but the PBFixit instructions do.

Peter

On May 11, 2005, at 12:51 PM, Photios Dumont wrote:

> I’ve got tip, and this comes from experience... Don’t over tighten
> the screws, and make sure you use the proper screwdriver. I have
> found that a #0 works best. I bought mine at a True Value hardware
> store, Philips brand. Anyway, the procedure is very easy. With the
> wrong screwdriver, you my damage your screws, as they are not very
> robust.

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.4
pkrug at mac.com