[Ti] Connecting to Motorola Razor Phone (Off Topic)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri May 27 15:30:30 PDT 2005

At 4:58 PM -0500 2005.05.27, Shawn King wrote:

> >There's no audible 'answer' command so you have to at least press
>> some button to take a call on a bike.
>
>I have mine set to auto-answer on opening.

I know that this is not a Macintosh issue of that phone but what I was referring to is how I like to ride bikes or Segways, with an earset to the phone, and take a call via auto-answer (no phone flipping needed) or, with my Sony/Ericcson, saying "answer".

Even with a bluetooth headset this worked with the Sony/Ericcson phone. But I have to at the minimum hit a bluetooth headset button to answer on the RAZR. And my Motorola bluetooth headset works horribly with this phone. The CEO of headsets.com or something similar agreed that this phone is a load of cr*p with bluetooth but he uses the phone anyway, the same as do I.

Also, with my Sony/Ericcson phone I could tap my bluetooth headset button and say a name to dial. With the RAZR I somehow discovered that the non-intuitive action of hitting the voice button on the PHONE lets you voice dial with the bluetooth headset. Now how logical is that?
--

Best regards,

Steve  (ok a new size tv)