[Ti] Connecting to Motorola Razor Phone (Off Topic)

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Fri May 27 14:58:02 PDT 2005

On 5/27/05 3:37 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> At 3:14 PM -0400 2005.05.27, C Glass wrote:
>>
>> I am considering changing to that phone. Please share your experiences.
>
> It's the worst phone ever, functionally.

Can't disagree.

> It's even hard to dial calls on it.

I don't have those difficulties - I actually like the phone for its
"physicality" - that is, I like the feel of the phone, its thinness and the
comparatively huge dialing buttons.

> The UI sucks worse than any other phone I've ever seen.

100% agree! It's *believably* bad! Menu items change locations depending on
where you are, among other things.

> It's virtually impossible to find how to customize ring tones
> for callers.

And, even when you figure it out, they don't always "take".

>There's no audible 'answer' command so you have to at least press
> some button to take a call on a bike.

I have mine set to auto-answer on opening.

> The bluetooth hands-free in a car drops
> calls every few seconds most of the time.

My BT headset, which worked fine for 3 other phones, isn't recognized by the
phone.

>It gets hung up in bluetooth
> hands-free mode to where you can't use the hand-free car system or the RAZR
> phone.

BT sucked under Panther.

> The RAZR sometimes shuts down while doing nothing. It has other
> freezes that sometimes require removing the battery to restart.

Mine would consistently "crash" when using the camera, requiring me to
remove the battery to reset.

> As a side note, this phone is so thin that I very straight-faced tell people
> that it's solar powered. And Infrared too I say, so it powers off your body
> heat while in your pocket. I point out that there's no dock port on the bottom
> to charge it even.

You are an evil man, Steve. :)

The phone *is* beautiful. But, like I suspect Paris Hilton is, it's all
sizzle and no steak. :)

I'm shopping for another phone.
--
Shawn King