[Ti] Airport Card Causing Fritz? Is it Possible? Fixes?

illovox at comcast.net illovox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 14:18:23 PST 2005

Re:  Airport Card Causing Fritz?  Is it Possible?  Fixes?

I realize this is a little off topic, but it might be of interest to regular
listers here.

So here's the deal:  A friend of mine in the recycling industry handed me a
pile of 40 original Airport cards.  He said I could test and sell them to my
favorite listers, then keep some of the proceeds toward future buys.  Fair
enough.

I tested 12 of them with success, first in a nice 14" iBook I have, then in
my beloved Pismo.  All worked well.  Then on the--yes--the THIRTEENTH card,
the iBook would not boot.  I pulled the card, and it still would not boot.
Hmmm, I grumbled, I hate these iBooks.  Everyone I ever had goes kapop, and
are very tough to fix.  So I moved the card over to the Pismo, not
suspecting the card could be causing anything other than a hiccup, and boom,
the Pismo won't boot.  I try pulling the card, pulling ram, replacing the
daughtercard, zapping PM, PRam, etc.  Nothing.

ARRRRGH!

Anyone ever hear of this?  Any ideas as to what's wrong with the books and
how to fix them?

By the way, I have 12 airport cards to sell.  I'm thinking $82.50 a pop,
shipped insured, is a heck of a lot better than many other places.  Any
interest?

Yours,

Run
(206) 760-0462