[Ti] unusual activity

Bert Mehling bertm at ywave.com
Thu Nov 3 08:31:40 PST 2005

  Titanium 667, 512MB RAM, running 10.3.9.

I was working with iDisk copying some correspondence for backup and
noticed the fan was running very fast and the Book was getting quite
hot. Checked the Activity Monitor and saw there was something called
"null" using 90% of the CPU. I forced quit it and things calmed down
right away. Can anyone enlighten me as to what "null" is and how did it
come to be using almost all the capacity of the CPU? Since having that
experience, all things have been normal with no signs of a repeat
situation and I have never seen this before.

Bert