Re: [Ti] missing fonts in Keynote®

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Thu Nov 10 01:37:19 PST 2005

On 10 Nov 2005, at 03:07, John Griffin wrote:

> These MS fonts are from Microsoft and are installed in Windows, but
> I would also be surprised if they were any different from the Arial
> Fonts installed on every Macintosh.

John -  I normally use Lucida Sans or Arial in my Keynote charts.
The fonts I mentioned [ArialMS, Arial-BoldMS, Arial-BoldItalicMS,
Arial-ItalicMS, etc.], that Keynote says are missing, are not fonts
that I ever recall using or choosing.   I was not aware that I had
them.  I just checked on my wife's iBook (also with 10.4.3) and she
does not have them.

Now you say that they  come from Windows, then how would they have
been available to me in Keynote?

I have the feeling that this error message from Keynote is in fact
wrong.  It may be, as you say, that Arial and ArialMS are the same
(in appearance) but obviously there is some aspect of their identity
that Keynote is detecting that is different.

> However, I realize Keynote is very picky about Fonts. Any chance
> you could borrow them from a friend’s Windows machine?

I could try that.  I just need to know where to look on a PC for
them, and copy to my flash-memory.

Trevor