[Ti] Superdrive dual-layer?

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Sun Nov 13 23:39:16 PST 2005

From: Tania Leong <thml at ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Fwd: [Ti] Superdrive dual-layer?

> In your response to Hector Luna's query re: Superdrive dual-layer on Fri Sep
> 30 19:20:54 PDT 2005 you indicated:
>
> "There is no firmware flash available yet for the 845 drive, but work is
> being done on this so that there will be both a full factory firmware
> version you can flash it to and a region free version as well."
>
> Can you absolutely confirm that a region free firmware version for Matshita
> DVD-R UJ-845E is under development and are you able to give an estimate as to
> when it may become available?
>
> I look forward to your response.
>
> Tania

It is on the radar I understand, but no one knows when exactly. I would just
keep watching for it.  Google DVD Region-free Mac powerbook  and you can ck
several sites for continuing updates and see when it is available.

Till then, I use VLC to read my other region disks on this book with the
drive.

Cheers