[Ti] Mactel powerbooks coming...when?

Jean-Paul Thuot fearsome.orange at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:56:49 PST 2005

My mom-in-law stayed with us last month, and after using our computers
(wife has iBook, I have PB) now she wants to buy a PB.  She is looking
at an unused (new in box) 15" 1.5Ghz with 3 years' Applecare for about
$1900 USD.

I've encouraged her to check out Macs, but I'm not sure she should buy
this one now, if the Intel versions are coming out in the near future.
 If she buys this one, how long do you think Apple will support it in
terms of software, OS upgrades etc.?  $1900 is a significant amount of
money, and she's expecting this to last a good few years (is 5 out of
the question?).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jean-Paul