[Ti] AlBook crazy touchpad fixed?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Mon Nov 14 14:17:51 PST 2005

I will join the chorus too. Also have a 1.67GHz AIBook with 1 GB
memory and running 10.4.3. I think it is better with this upgrade. I
have got so used to being vigilant with its jumpy, twitchy behaviour
it has become second nature to me. I think it might be better but
still far from perfect.

My last computer (667 DVI TiBook) had a marvelous, by comparison,
trackpad. Not only in its accuracy but with the general, tactile
touch, drag etc. The difference is the drag/scroll addition to the
feature set. Which I love and use but would like the same old
wonderful trackpad I was used to. Too bad we have to give up to get.
<grin>

I complained to Apple last April when I purchased the PBook. Even got
a repair authorization but never could pry the Pbook from my "Cold
Dead Hands" long enough to get it repaired. I was also concerned that
tearing it apart could end up being more of a hassle with more
subsequent issues than it has now. Been down that road.

Now I am watching it more carefully with these comments from you
both. Nice to know I'm not alone in this. Thanks.

Rod