[Ti] AlBook crazy touchpad fixed?

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Mon Nov 14 11:35:13 PST 2005

At 9:22 AM -0500 on 11/14/05, Matt Gregory wrote:

>  Maybe it was my imagination, but I noticed last night that my
> AlBook's touchpad seems to be behaving normally.  By that I mean
> when I tap to click the cursor doesn't jump a few pixels causing
> the click not to happen or to happen on something else.  Was my Mac
> just having a good day or maybe it was my imagination?  Or, by
> chance, has this been fixed somehow and I missed the news?  I'm on
> 10.4.3 and it's a 1.67GHz AlBook w/ 1.5Gig memory.

I have almost the identical configuration as you but with only 1 GB
memory. The trackpad clicking does indeed appear to be better since
upgrading to 10.4.3, although the cursor still jumps a little on mine
-- but usually only one or two pixels if at all, not the five-ten
pixels like before. Definitely better. At home I usually use a
trackball (the Kensington one with the scroll ring, which I really
like), but on the road I just use the trackpad. I did a little
searching on Macintouch.com but couldn't find anything new on this
issue, so I'm not sure if/when it officially got fixed. Apple's doc
on the 10.4.3 update doesn't mention it anywhere that I can see. Of
course, Apple never really acknowledged there was a problem (and
never replied to my emails to them about it), so I guess they can't
admit they fixed (or partially fixed) it, either!

Bob