[Ti] Re: Mactel powerbooks coming...when?

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Wed Nov 16 06:42:51 PST 2005

Matt Kibildis said:

> but the benchmarks in software applications
>show that Intel PCs either get the same results or better when
>compared to a similar powerPC machine.

With the same OS? I don't remeber that.

The Kernel seem to be one source of slowing things down and unoptimized
code is another.

I wonder how development on OS X for Intel/G5&G4 works with assembler-
level coding. Many successful apps on Windows, like ACID, worked because
they wrote intel-type specific assembler code, that at the time often
outperformed Macs.
But it is certainly possible, but I remember Soundforge, the makers of
ACID, wouldn't even answer my question wheether they'd contemplate
porting to Mac back in 2000 or so.

Anyone know of technical articles on this subject?