[Ti] Re: Mactel powerbooks coming...when?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Nov 16 10:47:29 PST 2005

>Chris Olson said:
>
>>Now people are saying they're going to wait for these Intel-based
>>Macs instead of buying a PowerPC-based machine now.
>
>I think it will remain to be wrong to wait, provided you have needs
>today. So I concur that you should by the best your money can buy today.
>That said, I wouldn't purchase within a month from when I think Apple
>would present new products in my category, but that is a several months
>wait as products seldom can be had on release, so I'd only wait if my
>needs didn't exceed what my current hardware could deliver.
>
>Computerbuyers too seldom ask themselves what their true needs are.

Are you waiting on the computer or is it waiting on you? Usually, it
is the latter.

  I had this same issue of wait or buy last spring. I was still using
my excellent 667 DVI TiBook (still under Applecare for a few more
months) and had been waiting for the release of the G5 powerbooks or
thought I was. When someone on this list and then many others said it
isn't going to happen. I started looking at the latest AI's. The
final decision nail arrived when my doctor wanted to buy my 667. He
just got sick and tired of all his virus problems with his WinDoze
portable. The valid Applecare on the Ti sealed the deal. Bought a
1.67 AI with Superdrive and the lit keyboard and have never regretted
it. Bought Applecare too.

Rod