[Ti] Powerbook MacIntel... could be, could be... what do you think?

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Nov 17 01:39:32 PST 2005

On 17 Nov 2005, at 03:03, Carlos Fernando Hernandez wrote:

> I just found this and want to share with you.
>
> http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1368

i had planned to keep my 2.5 year old 12" powerbook until the intel
laptops would come out, but over the past months the screen size had
become a problem as i was working more and more with cad and
multimedia software (archicad & director). as we say in french " i
cut the pear in two" and went for a second-hand 17" 1.5ghz powerbook
(30% cheaper than a new one). i've been working on it for 4 weeks now
and i can easily say that i could have gotten a new one. no regrets.

also this to say don't regret your purchase, you know what you
bought. let the intel-transition go by (12-18 months?), let the
software guys upgrade their products, and then buy a new laptop.
unless i have huge amounts of cash coming in from my work, i see this
as being in about 18 or 24 months from now.

regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 512mb / 80gb / X.4.3 ::