[Ti] Powerbook MacIntel... could be, could be... what do you think?

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 17 07:15:06 PST 2005

On 17 Nov 2005, at 14:24, Mikael Byström wrote:

> John Griffin said:
>
>> I would almost be willing to bet that the first
>> and even the second version of the MacTel Powerbook and iMac will be
>> extremely bug-ridden wonders.
>
> Or rather are likely to have babydiseases.

That would seem reasonable.
But, from the experience I have, I've got a TiBook 1st generation and
I've used it without *any* problem for 3 years
And I remember that the 1st generation did not have baby diseases (a
part from loose batteries and lost rubber feet, these were corrected
after few months, within the 1st generation). On the contrary the 2nd
and 3rd generations, if I remember, had all the paint and broken
hinges problems.

If I'd need a powerbook next year, the only reason I wouldnt' want a
MacIntel one is the lack of classic (yes, there are 2 or 3
applications that I need very rarely, but there are no OSX versions).

silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.67GHz/1.5Gb RAM/120Gb HD/OS10.4.2
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.3/17" display
Cambridge UK