[Ti] Daystar Al-PB upgrade

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri Nov 18 11:51:15 PST 2005

On 18 Nov 2005, at 20:46, Peter Krug wrote:

> http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/11/18/1.92ghz.pb.g4.upgrade/

Peter - looks a good solution to those based in the USA.

If it was available elsewhere, and depending on price, it might be a
mid-way upgrade option for those of who got Al-books on day 1,
running at 1.25, once we have moved to 7200 Seagate drives and got
the RAM about 1Gb.

Because I had the white-spot problem on my screen, I got it replaced
free by Apple this summer, so my Al-book is in quite good shape.

I note that a couple of keys (space bar and Apple) have worn black
smudges.  No functional effect but looks poor.

When the strap went on my bag some months ago, and the Al-book took a
corner knock from 1m, the frame is a little warped around the DVI
port, but works fine.

I shall follow this 1.92 GHz upgrade when it is available, as a
matter of interest.

regards,  Trevor