[Ti] Daystar Al-PB upgrade

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Fri Nov 18 12:44:18 PST 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 2:51 PM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2005, at 20:46, Peter Krug wrote:
>
>> http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/11/18/1.92ghz.pb.g4.upgrade/
>
> Peter - looks a good solution to those based in the USA.
>
> If it was available elsewhere, and depending on price, it might be
> a mid-way upgrade option for those of who got Al-books on day 1,
> running at 1.25, once we have moved to 7200 Seagate drives and got
> the RAM about 1Gb.

Yes, I think it will be a good alternative to replacing my Rev A
LunchTrayDeluxe (1 GHz AlPBG4).  USB2 and the screen pixel density
are really the only reasons to get a new machine.  Of course, all
this depends on the price.  I'm hoping that this upgrade comes in
under $500, but I'm not holding my breath.  Under $500, it's a done
deal.  No chance over $1K.  Hard decision between the two.  Depends
how much of motherboard is replaced (Video?, USB2?).  Questions to
which I will have to patiently wait for answers. <sigh>

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.3
pkrug at mac.com