[Ti] Hibernate on your non-brandnew Mac

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Sat Nov 19 18:14:47 PST 2005

On 20 Nov 2005, at 01:13, Lists wrote:

> I just came across:
>
> Hibernate on your non-brandnew Mac
> http://matt.ucc.asn.au/apple/machibernate.html
>
> And was immediately excited.  One of the only things (in fact, THE
> only thing) that my Dell does better than my Powerbook is Hibernate
> mode.

Wait a minute... is this the reason why my (new) powerbook takes ages
before going to sleep?
Is there any way to disable this safe sleep feature?
I mean, wouldn't be smarter to make a SafeSleep and a Sleep button so
that you can decide what to do?

And, I have a 1GHz iMac, and since the 10.4.3 update it takes ages to
start the sleep mode. Shouldn't this be disabled in old computers?

puzzled,
silvo

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.67GHz/1.5Gb RAM/120Gb HD/OS10.4.3
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.4.3/17" display
Cambridge UK