[Ti] The reason we use Macs instead of PC's (long)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Tue Nov 22 17:38:47 PST 2005

kalirhe at umdnj.edu said:

>As far as the G5 is concerned - I've checked out the G5s on some of the
>applications and, while faster than the G4s, there was not that amazing
>difference in performance and speed that I recall when the Mac moved from
>the 9600 series to the G3.

But the different processors perform differently with different
applications and to some extent there often need to be a specific CPU
target to achieve optimal performance. Audio apps and the G4 comes to mind.
So while the G5 was a letdown to me, perhaps this was because the apps I
use don't make use of the best sides of the G5 processor and that I
expected a whole lot from them (and the faster buses).