[Ti] The reason we use Macs instead of PC's (long)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Wed Nov 23 03:27:20 PST 2005

Chris Olson said:

>It's all about code optimization.

Exactly. I have been beta-testing an audio-app on my TiBook 400 and it
wasn't before the developers released a G4-optimized version that I could
even use the application. There seem to be a small number of audio apps
that have been optimized for G5 and the likelihood of that kind of
investment to happen now with Intel on the horizon seem slim.

I can't help but feel sadness for saying goodbye to faster and faster G5
family processors every year. When G5 arrived I hoped for a rejuvenation
of the Mac performance and it has happened on some fronts, but not on
enough segments that apply to what I do.

My next purchase will be a G5 though, perhaps followed by the second gen
of the most likely 2006 Intel Powerbooks.