[Ti] Powerbook MacIntel... could be, could be... what do you think?

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 04:48:08 PST 2005

On 11/19/05 6:40 PM, "Kynan Shook" <kshook at cae.wisc.edu> wrote:

> So, seeing as how OS X has been running on Intel for years, and they
> have been planning on it since the beginning, I have a feeling that
> the vast majority of the bugs will have been squashed.  There's
> really not that much to worry about, and I wish you'd just wait to
> pass judgement until there is an actual product to pass judgement upon.

All that you say may be true and I don't doubt that it is but Chris'
cynicism is useful if for no other reason than as a benchmark of sorts to
compare when Macintel does hit the streets.

A couple of things I've noticed about Wintel is that it takes a long long
time to load, does not multitask well but individual programs seem to run
pretty fast. MacOS boots relaltively quickly, multitasks very well but
individual programs aren't that snapppy unless you're on a high end G5. So
if we have quick loading, good multitasking and snappy performance, it's a
good thing.

We'll see. I remain an optimist but I appreciate Chris' devil's advocate
POV.
--
Jesse

Some of us in the Mojave desert may still have few tricks up our sleeve on
this one. We're still free to build airplanes and spacecraft from our
garages and fly the goddamn things. Try and keep up with a nation that
builds working spacecraft in the garage. As a hobby. Out of pocket. For FUN.
- Bill Whittle