[Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Wed Nov 23 11:06:17 PST 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 10:20 AM, TjL wrote:

> Word tries too hard to be clever (i.e. If I make a list, Word
> decides to indent it.  Why?

Apple has addressed many of the user interaction problems with Word
with Pages, IMHO.  Pages lets you do your work and doesn't get in the
way.  If I want to change the font style, I only have to click twice
(once for the font chooser and the next for the new font), for instance.

The toolbar items in Pages are the things most people are going to
click on 95% of the time.  The other 5% are in the menus.  If
Microsoft opens the Word document specification so Pages has 100%
compatibility with Word formats, making document sharing seamless
with our less fortunate Windows-using colleagues, I'll be dumping Word.

--
Chris