WordPerfect vs, MS Word (was: Re: [Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac)

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Nov 24 10:38:44 PST 2005

I’d just like to throw in a word for Mariner Write. Version 3.7.1 was
just released. It is very inexpensive and is a pretty good sub for
Word from where I sit. And while thinking about that, you could
probably make a case for going with Mariner Calc as a sub for Excel.
It also has been updated to 5.5.

As far as Email, Scheduling, Contacts, etc., Apple, as you all are
aware, have decent applications that do the same thing as Entourage.
And also from Apple, Keynote is coming along nicely, thank you, and
could conceivably take over from Powerpoint. So, when the next
release of Office for the Mac comes out, I for one, am not going to
bother to shell out for it.

jg