WordPerfect vs, MS Word (was: Re: [Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac)

Seymour Wolfson wolfson at wayne.edu
Fri Nov 25 17:22:25 PST 2005

>I’d just like to throw in a word for Mariner Write. Version
3.7.1 was
>just released. It is very inexpensive and is a pretty good
sub for
>Word from where I sit. And while thinking about that, you could
>probably make a case for going with Mariner Calc as a sub for
Excel.
>It also has been updated to 5.5.
>
>As far as Email, Scheduling, Contacts, etc., Apple, as you
all are
>aware, have decent applications that do the same thing as
Entourage.
>And also from Apple, Keynote is coming along nicely, thank
you, and
>could conceivably take over from Powerpoint. So, when the next
>release of Office for the Mac comes out, I for one, am not
going to
>bother to shell out for it.
I think the main issue is the ability to convert (both ways)
from WORD to whatever other system you use.  The reality is we
have to live with other people who use WORD on both PCs and
Macs, and the main thing is to be able to open their documents
and send them documents they can open.  So, does Mariner let
you do that for both WORD and EXCEL?
Seymour