[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel... Pure RUMORS

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Nov 26 14:11:36 PST 2005

On Nov 26, 2005, at 3:26 PM, Mikael Byström wrote:

> A strong case against early Intels is the lack of finished
> recompiled software. I think people that purchase powerbooks
> instead of iBooks do so because their software demand it. Rosetta
> won't solve everything and I'm not sure every vital application
> will be ready by early 2006.

Especially high-end third party apps like Adobe Creative Suite.
Running apps in emulation with Rosetta is akin to using VirtualPC -
it's slow but functional.  It'll leave you tapping your fingers on
the desk......waiting..........

Nobody has to take my word for it anymore - if you have the right PC
hardware you can now run it.  The beast runs on non-Apple hardware
thanks to the combined efforts of several hackers who've cracked the
kernel's TPM extensions.

The lastest build of x86 Tiger has been reportedly leaked to the
torrents (again), however I haven't seen it pop up yet.  In this list
the second one is the original hacked VMWare image with TPM code
removed from kernel:
http://search.bittorrent.com/search.jsp?query=mac+os+x
+x86&Submit2=Search

Somebody reportedly got it running on an AMD-powered machine quite
recently and posted screen shots to the web.  There's also more than
a few how-to sites that haven't been shut down or contacted by Apple
Legal, such as this one:
http://osx86.theplaceforitall.com/howto/

--
Chris