[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel...

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Sat Nov 26 15:30:37 PST 2005

On 11/26/05 3:43 PM, "Ian Collier" <ian.collier at mac.com> wrote:

> The Wikipedia article in this case states very well what is
> understood to be good netiquette - good manners on the internet.

Perhaps it does. But no one is *required* to follow Wikipedia's rules. On
this list, we are only "required" to follow the rules as set down by the
ListMom.

> A quick google for "netiquette" gives many links to the same basic
> information.

I bet it does. And it would have as much to do with the discussion as it did
when Chris brought it up - that is to say, nothing.

> And the key part that it is rude to put stuff into public forums that
> was clearly indicated/intended to be for you

Why? Do you think you have some expectation of privacy when you send email
unbidden to a complete stranger? What makes you think I or anyone else have
some sort of obligation to you to keep your missives private?

> and it is also rude to
> clutter lists with messages that are off topic and of interest to
> only a few people.

You have no idea how many people are or are not interested in what you have
to say.

> Of course anyone has the right to be rude if they choose to. But as
> in other discourse, rudeness has an effect - and it may not be the
> one you intend.

Ooh...more thinly veiled threats....gives me shivers.

> And in case you are in any doubt I explicitly do not give you
> permission to quote it or respond to it in public.

LOL And how did that work out for you?

I did not "explicitly give you permission" to email me - and yet you did.

Once again, another person seems to think they can dictate to me (or others)
what I am "allowed" to respond to and attempting to proscribe the manner in
which I am "allowed" to respond to it. And another person who seems to think
I need their "permission" to do *anything*.

Remarkable.
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer