[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel...

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Nov 26 17:13:35 PST 2005

On Nov 26, 2005, at 5:30 PM, Shawn King wrote:

>> And in case you are in any doubt I explicitly do not give you
>> permission to quote it or respond to it in public.
>
> LOL And how did that work out for you?
> I did not "explicitly give you permission" to email me - and yet
> you did.

<Quote>
"Although web pages and email messages are protected as soon as
created, copyright registration is needed before U.S. owners can
bring suit. Also, prompt registration provides remedies that make
lawsuits affordable. Statutory damages of $150,000 (or more, and
attorney fees) for willful infringement can be obtained if published
works are registered within three months, or unpublished works are
registered before they are infringed."

"Notice on individual email messages (if blanket notice is not
provided, say, in a welcome message) may also be useful. Something as
straight-forward as "Please do not forward this message without
permission" should be legally adequate and honored by recipients."
</Quote>

Note that persons outside the US do not need to register their works
in order to bring suit.

Source:
http://www.fplc.edu/tfield/copynet.htm

Shawn, as usual, you don't have the knowledge to take part in any
technical discourse, and have demonstrated a blatant disregard for
the legal rights of other list members who have sent you offlist
email.  I do believe you received an email with a specific copyright
declaration, stating you do not have permission to publicly
distribute it, regardless of its commercial value.  Your actions
speak for themselves and I do believe you've made several kill
filters here today, as well as opening yourself to litigation, then
bragging about it on a public forum.

Enough is enough.  I think most people have now read between the
lines of your shenanigans.

Folks, don't feed the troll - either off-list or on.
--
Chris