[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel...

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Sun Nov 27 02:17:42 PST 2005

Chris Olson wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2005, at 5:30 PM, Shawn King wrote:
>
>>> And in case you are in any doubt I explicitly do not give you
>>> permission to quote it or respond to it in public.
>>

>> LOL And how did that work out for you?
>> I did not "explicitly give you permission" to email me - and yet  you
>> did.
>
> <<snipped>>

> Shawn, as usual, you don't have the knowledge to take part in any
> technical discourse, and have demonstrated a blatant disregard for
> the legal rights of other list members who have sent you offlist
> email.  I do believe you received an email with a specific copyright
> declaration, stating you do not have permission to publicly
> distribute it, regardless of its commercial value.  Your actions
> speak for themselves and I do believe you've made several kill
> filters here today, as well as opening yourself to litigation, then
> bragging about it on a public forum.
>
> Enough is enough.  I think most people have now read between the
> lines of your shenanigans.
>
> Folks, don't feed the troll - either off-list or on.

Chris,

You don't have to agree with Shawn, or anyone else - but the use of "not
so subtle threats of litigation" to shut people up REALLY alarms me, and
should be of great concern to ALL!

The US is a free country, you have a right to free speech and so does
everyone else on this list. Don't like the style? Great - add a filter,
delete, ignore, criticize, just PLEASE  - no "litigation" garbage..

Thank you

Henry