[Ti] Re: Powerbook MacIntel...

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Sun Nov 27 09:32:31 PST 2005

On 11/26/05 6:17 PM, "Shawn King" <shawn at yourmaclife.com> wrote:

> On 11/26/05 4:26 PM, "Henry Kalir" <kalirhe at umdnj.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Brad.
>>
>> I just hope this one doesn't deteriorate into a fistfight...lol
>
> LOL Naw. Geeks don't fight well.
>
>> It's got all the elements of a good barroom brawl in the making...
>
> LOL Problem is, people say things on a mailing list (and in private email)
> that they would never have the guts to say in a bar to someone's face.

The problem is, Shawn will be fighting an unarmed opponent. He and I have
been fighting trolls and flame wars than before some of the people on this
list had their first computers.

It really is amazing that a couple of lightweights think that they can try
and control the discussion on the list in an attempt to keep the so called
signal to noise ratio at a minimum and in the process actually cause the
noise ratio to go up. Where if they had just kept their opinions to
themselves the whole discussion would have stopped, oh about 50 useless
posts ago. I would suggest that they switch over to one of our former list
mates discussion lists where the list moderation is acute and instantaneous
(Mac-L).

Shawn is one of the more knowledgeable people on this or any other list
about Apple/Mac product marketing and introduction because of his unique
position as the host of YourMacLife and the insider perspective that gives
him. I also know that he is very careful about his keystrokes and rarely
speaks before pulling his head out of his butt. Unlike a few others around
here that shall remain nameless.

In any case it will be interesting to see if Chris Olsen's doom and gloom
scenario comes to pass. Shawn and I have heard it all before many times.
Basically every time Apple upsets the applecart (pun intended) we hear that
the sky is falling. It never does. I suspect that's because Steve Jobs and
the most excellent engineering staff at Apple have thought most of this
through very carefully. Not only is Apple innovative and daring but they
also have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to not ruin the
company by taking it down the road to an unworkable future. Olsen's opinion
is interesting but I'm placing my bets on Apple.
--
Jesse

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or
discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be
back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.